Our Vision is to Preserve and Invest in the best of the South Key Community.
The Mission of The Longbranch Foundation is to promote and enable educational opportunities for our youth, to maintain the area’s history, to improve Filucy Bay environment, and to generally improve the quality of life for adults and children of the community.
What Goals do we have to achieve this Mission?
- Preserve and maintain historic properties
- (To Preserve the historic clubhouse owned by the Longbranch Improvement Club (the “LIC”), a structure on the National Registry of Historic Places, consistent with state requirements for the preservation of historic structures, as well as other historical structures and sites.)
- Maintain and improve local area recreation grounds and trails
- (To maintain and improve the grounds of the LIC clubhouse, which are open for public recreational use, including an open field and woodland trail system.)
- Support scholarship programs, student camps and other public-school activities
- (To advance education by supporting student scholarship programs and public school activities and programs.)
- Enhance Filucy Bay environmental protection and public safety at the Longbranch Marina
- (To protect the environment, particularly the marine environment surrounding the Longbranch Marina in Pierce County, Washington and to ensure that the Longbranch Marina is safe for use by members of the public.
- Support the Community where the Need is the Greatest
- (To do any, and all lawful activities which may be necessary, useful or desirable for the furtherance, accomplishment, fostering or attainment of the foregoing purposes, either directly or indirectly and either alone or in conjunction or cooperation with others, whether such others be persons or organizations of any kind or nature, such as corporations, firms, associations, trusts, institutions, foundations, or government bureaus, departments, or agencies.)
- Support of Key Peninsula Community non-profit organizations
- (To aid, support, and assist by gifts, contributions or otherwise, other corporations, community chests, funds and foundations organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, or educational purposes, no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit any private shareholder or individual, and no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation.)
How do we achieve this Mission?
- Through partnerships with the Longbranch Improvement Club and other community service organizations.
- With the help of our partners, from volunteers and from government to local non-profits and businesses.
- By using a community oriented, collaborative approach and staying true to our five Core Values:
- Welcoming Spirit
The Longbranch Foundation is a non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization associated with The Longbranch Improvement Club. Your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.